According to the company’s website news release on May 11, 2023, MSC is adjusting ocean network to help match supply with demand and to further improve emissions efficiency for Asia-Europe trade services.
The changes to our network, along with related voyage optimization, will help us to meet the UN IMO’s Carbon Intensity Indicator (CII) requirements as we move towards our net zero decarbonization target. In turn, we aim to contribute to our customers’ own sustainability goals.
From Week 23, we will inject a total of 9 additional vessels into our Asia – Europe trades.
The new proforma schedules for these services will reflect vessel speed adjustments that will help ensure appropriate performance in light of the CII, while ensuring continued service coverage and competitive transit times.
Transit times* – network update expected impact:
• From Asia to North Europe +3 days
• From Asia to Mediterranean +2 days
• From North Europe to Asia +3 days
• From Mediterranean to Asia +3 days
In addition to these changes, the following services will be updated:
• A direct call at Xiamen will be induced on our Griffin service instead of the current call on the Silk service
• The Lion service westbound rotation will be amended to call at Antwerp after Sines and before Rotterdam
Should you have any questions, please contact your local MSC representatives in our global network of 675 offices.
*Transit times are for guidance only and may vary depending on operating conditions and other trade factors
Tags: All Products,AlwaysFree,Asia Pacific,English,Europe,ISC,Middle East,NEA,SEAPublished on May 26, 2023 5:20 PM (GMT+8)
Last Updated on May 26, 2023 5:20 PM (GMT+8)